29 July 2006

hans and felix



I've discovered the joy of fusible stablizer. I got this stuff called WonderUnder (from an online company called joggles. i really like to say "joggles." joggles. hee!) And oh, the possibilities. I got out my box o' scraps and started ironing and cutting. Oh, my, what fun. At first it was going to be a kind of abstract thing, but I liked the trees. Then I decided to put a gnome in the trees. Then I decided the gnome needed a friend. And then, of course, the gnomes needed a little house. The scrap of fabric I used as a base happened to be kind of pennant-shaped, so I made it a pennant. I named my gnome friends Hans and Felix. (It's a bit hard to read, innit? It says "deep in a forest live the dwarves hans and felix." Click the image and you can see it a bit bigger.)



Hans is a hard worker, tilling and wheelbarrowing and generally working very hard while Felix frolics in the woods.



I think I would like to live in their little cottage. I had so much fun with this project. I think I might have to continue my experiments with the wondrous WonderUnder.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am flabbergasted at this piece. I love it so much. Its fabulous as a penant and just so cute I can't stand it. I will have to get some of this wondrous joggles. Seriously, BEAUTIFUL work!

Anonymous said...

I love fusible stabilizer! And this pennant is darling. I'm not a gnome-lovin' gal, but the "picture" is way too cute!

Anonymous said...

That's really creative!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Must buy fusible interfacing...

lori brofsky said...

this is adorable :)

Anonymous said...

This is excellent, love that gnome and the cursive...ahhhh.