I'm starting this blog because:
- My sister has a shiny new blog, and I have blog-envy.
- The world seems too big and all my friends and family are flung to the far and nether reaches of everywhere. And I am crap at the telephone and too lazy for email.
- I have a snazzy new camera and want to share my budding photography skills with anyone who might be interested. Hopefully you'll see some sort of progression/personal growth/increasing sophistication in my photos over time. If not, just pretend you do. Artistic accomplishment, I'm beginning to suspect, is as much about brash self-confidence as inherent talent.
- I have a latent but growing urge to write. This is obviously a genetic predisposition, or was transferred through the amniotic fluids, or maybe they put something in my milk as a kid. Regardless of how it happened, there are only two people to blame.
- I've turned a year older. It seemed like a good time to start something new.
- WORDS+PICTURES MAKE JULIE HAPPY
But I promise I will never write a post about a dream I've had. I will not go so far as that.