23 April 2011

his and hers aprons

This picture cracks me up so much because Matt and I are wearing matching crocs, which also happen to match our aprons. I love it. This is a set of his and hers aprons I made as a wedding gift for Matt's cousin. I made a set like this for one of my cousins who got married last year and it's fun to choose coordinating fabrics for the bride and groom versions. The girl apron is from the pattern in Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing, which is an awesome pattern that I have made several times before. I love the silhouette of it, and the little darts at the top give it such a nice neckline. The boy apron I made based on an old half-apron that I have.

The fabrics are a cheerful lemon print and a blue stripe shirting from the stash. The aprons are both reversible and have a Lisette blue chambray on the other side. (Oh, and my Joann's had all Lisette fabrics 50% off when I was there last week. Get thee to Joann's!) I love this chambray and have been using it in all my projects lately. It frays like crazy but that might just be the nature of chambray.

Abby is a camera hog.

Wishing all a very happy Easter! Hop hop.

No comments: