15 September 2009

Home

We're settled into our new home. I loooove this house.

I love the windows, original to 1923. Some of them don't open so well anymore, and all of them have that rippled effect of old glass, as if the window were ever so slowly melting down into the windowsill.

I love the wide front porch.

I love settin' on the front porch with Matt, watching the town drive by.

I love the giant oak tree in the backyard. It's huge. I don't really feel we could own such a tree, but hopefully if we show him the proper respect, he won't decide to drop one of his limbs on our roof. He seems a kindly old tree, so I'm sure he'll be careful.

And of course sweet puppies and an amazing, wonderful fiancé are in this house, which is the best part. Yep, we made a promise and he gave me a beautiful ring. It's been a very good summer.

I've got pictures to share of our transformed sunroom and homemade doggie beds, so I'll be back very soon. The dogs want their dinner...

13 comments:

Marmee said...

Oh happiest of Julierees! Your joy makes my heart sing!

Nadia said...

Congrats! That's a gorgeous house.

shim + sons said...

Oh, Julie! Congratulations on your engagement!! Your new home is beautiful!!

KELLY said...

hooray for love!!
congratulations on your engagement!
that must be the happiest of new homes : )

Dora said...

Congratulations Julie! I love your new home :)

house on hill road said...

oh julie! so so happy for you! the house is lovely, too. xo.

beki said...

Aww, it all sounds perfect to me!

Courtney said...

Congratulations on your engagement Julie! And your house is just darling. I love it.

amy h said...

Congratulations, Julie -- on the house and on the engagement!

Happiness Student said...

Your house is absolutely lovely and so are the words you use to describe it (the description of the windows in particular).

African Kelli said...

Oh man, I am so late to this post but WAHOOOOOO! So fantastic! love! The house! Life treating you welL!

Laura McCarty said...

Congratulations on the gorgeous home and engagement from an admirer from afar. I adore your blog.

Sangs said...

Julie, I love your blog. Been following it for 3 years now. I love the way you write and describe things. It's like I'm right there with you. Do keep updating it. Love to know about your life. Hearty congratulations on your engagement! Wish you both a very very happy life ahead!