01 July 2007

quiet weekend

A few scenes from my explorations of Chapel Hill. I've been riding around on my bike and walking around downtown, snapping pictures as I go. The mosquitos and I are re-acquainting ourselves and I am slowly losing my ghostly NYC pallor.

I had lunch with the lovely Maura and her sister Meg yesterday (Meg where is your blog? I forgot to ask!). I move to a new city and here I find blog friends who live in the very same neighborhood I do. Very cool.

I finally picked up a craft project this afternoon—were you wondering if you'd ever see a project from me again? Possibly. Probably. Before too long, I'm sure. Though it's slow going when Wimbledon is stealing my attention. I'm going to predict here and now that it'll be Justine Henin and Andy Roddick this year. Because she deserves it and because he is incorrigible. I wouldn't necessarily put money on Andy, but I'll put my heart behind him. I always like an underdog.

8 comments:

amy h said...

I hope you like your new city! Have fun settling in.

Maura said...

thanks for the link! :) I'm glad we got together. It was good to meet you in person! We should get together again and talk gocco at some point. :) I like these pics from around town.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to visit Chapel Hill. Maybe one day. =) And hooray for nice blog friends!

Kelli's Kaleidoscope said...

Lovely photos!! I miss the southeast when I see those kinds of pics. Hey by the way, you should update your profile now that you don't live in NYC. :) Or is that moving to fast? Maybe you need some more time before completely cutting ties with NY?

Dinah said...

How great that you've already met fellow bloggers near you! And yes, Wimbledon is addicting. The project will be ready and waiting when Wimbledon is over.

Anonymous said...

I've just found your blog last week and *really* enjoy reading it! I'm a quilter/knitter/crafter. I have a friend who is moving to Chapel Hill in a month, and I imagine her doing all the same "findings" -- grocery store, book store, new fave cafe. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, all suburban with your house and flowers on the front stoop. I'm sure it is a HUGE adjustment, esp. without your sister, but I sure hope you'll find happiness there.

Anonymous said...

where are you? it's been 11 days since you last posted. tsk tsk.